Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

The kids are home for spring break this week.  So, pretty much all I have been doing so far is entertaining them (and their friends) and feeding them.  Nonstop.  I am getting a little bit of computer work done but time in the sewing room is very limited.  Playing referee and cleaning up after everyone is not been my idea of fun, so today I think a trip to the beach is in order.  There is nothing like a little sun and sand to wear them out and put them to bed early.  That’s right this momma has a plan!

Now a little of what I have up to for the past couple of weeks.

006b

Finished Projects

Modern Folded Star Tutorial – I am so excited about the response I am getting on this tutorial.  Thank you so much you guys are awesome.  So, be sure to check it out if you haven’t already.  I’m a proud momma beaming with joy.

Doll Quilt Swap 12 - This one is done but I am waiting to send it out before I share.  I wouldn’t want to ruin the surprise for my partner.

008

New Projects

Pinball Swirl Pincushion – Yup!  It is back by popular demand.  Some of you asked for a tutorial and your wish is my command.  After sifting through my scraps I put together another rainbow combination.  Hopefully I will be able to complete this tutorial and post it to the blog by this weekend, but like I said before the kids are home this week for spring break…. So we will see how that goes.   

001

Twist on Tradition Quilt – I am not sure but maybe this should go into the On Going Projects category as I am bringing this back out and dusting it off.  Last year I was involved in the Twist on Tradition Bee and sent out fabric for these blocks to be made.  Unfortunately my month was November and in the midst of the busy holiday season I didn’t receive back some of my blocks until now.  Perfect timing if you ask me because I was just itching to start another quilt.  I just couldn’t make a decision on what my next project should be.  It is so much easier when fate makes those decisions for you.

On Hold

Memory Quilt for my Daughter

Apple Core Quilt

2010 Scrap Quilt

Want to hear more of what’s going on in the quilt world? Hop on over to Freshly Pieced and check out her Work in Progress Wednesday link-up. There you will find other talented quilters and hear all about what they have going on.

3 comments:

  1. Great work Ann...have fun with the kids while they're home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The folded star is amazing! I've never seen that technique before, it's now on my to sew list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog alot and thank your for the folded star turorial.

    Nana from Germany

    ReplyDelete