I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Doll Quilt Swap 12

Yesterday I shared a sneak peak of the quilt I made and mailed off for the current round of the Doll Quilt Swap but I also wanted to share the beautiful quilt I received in that swap.

Take a look. Isn’t it awesome? I love that it one big modern log cabin block… and the Amy Butler fabrics, fabulous.  I couldn’t have been more excited when I pulled it out of the mailer.  Thanks Mary Beth you made my day.

010

Here is a picture of the back.  Really it is like 2 quilts in one.  I love that I could flip it over and display the other side if I wanted, but for now it is up on my wall with my collection of other miniature quilts with the front displayed.

013

Like I shared yesterday, here is the quilt I made.  When making this quilt I really had to challenge myself. Not only did I step outside my comfort zone with the piecing I also stepped outside my comfort zone with the free motion quilting.  Not my strong suit, but I am really pleased with how it came out.   

007

Here is the closer view of the quilting and the label I made for the back.  Of course, it would sound really cool if I lead you to believe that it was my original intention but sadly I found myself with an extra block after I pieced it with it’s color order transposed.  So, because there is no reason to throw away a perfectly good block I included it on the back.

014

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for all your continued support. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  Have a great day!

 

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Your doll quilt is beautiful!!! Way to challenge yourself in the piecing and quilting :) That is fabulous!! And I love the colors you choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mini agaaaain! Why must you taunt me with what I can't have?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.