I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Eggs Shots

Yesterday my good friend and fellow blogger Cindy came over and spent the afternoon with us dying Easter Eggs.  I love dying Easter Eggs.  It is one of my favorite holiday traditions to do with the kids.  In the past I have been known to buy the generic kits to dye our Easter Eggs, but this year we dyed our Easter Eggs with food coloring.  Yup, that’s right I said food coloring, nothing fancy just the kind you get in the baking aisle alongside your flour, sugar and various cake mixes. 

The trick with using food coloring to dye your Easter Eggs is the boiled water, vinegar and a box of neon food dye colors along with your regular primary food dye colors.  A combination of the two and you will really see your colors pop with intensity.

Now before you think I spent hours in the kitchen mixing colors and and perfecting these formulas…. just take a peak at the back of the box. McCormick has done the work for you and they have directions for neon purple to stormy blue.

While Cindy was here she was kind enough to takes some pictures for me.  As most of you moms know it is hard to wrangle the kids and take great pictures.  All the pictures below were taken by her. 

 IMG_6145

IMG_6148

IMG_6203

IMG_6185

IMG_6194

IMG_6239

Not only is Cindy a very talented photographer she is also very funny and a great writer, and like I said before she is also a fellow blogger.  Her blog is called Something Witty and I would love if you could take a moment and check it out.

Happy Easter!

 

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. How lovely. Makes you want to color eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I might try this, hubby is Greek so the orthodox easter is next week so we have time to die some eggs! Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.