I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Stash–Soul Blossoms

I know, it has been forever since I added any new fabrics to my stash.  I have a new project in the works and unlike my recent projects I wasn’t able to pull from my stash.  So it was off to my favorite quilt shop.

015

For my new project I wanted to use Soul Blossoms by Amy Butler. I really like the color way and large scale print in this line, and for a really long time I have wanted to add to the few prints that I already had.

016

It all started with some prints that I received in a swap and some prints that I picked up at another local quilt shop in town.  All the while hoarding them knowing that someday I would find the perfect project for them. So fast forward a few months. Perfect project in mind, I picked up the rest of the prints and enough yardage to complete the project I have in mind.

017

Today I will be making a few practice blocks to see if what I have in mind will translate into a quilt.  Do you ever make a few practice blocks before jumping into a quilt?  Or is it just me?  I have this horrible habit of making it up as I go along.  Sometimes the results are amazing and other times… well, not so much.  So, I have gotten myself in the habit of making a few practice blocks first to save time and fabric. 

020

So, check back in tomorrow and I will share what I have in the works.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. I <3 Soul Blossoms! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many of these fabrics too. Love them. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.