I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

I can’t even tell you how good it feels for life to be getting back to normal.  Finally.  There is nothing worse than that funk you find yourself in when you are overloaded with the trials and tribulations of life.  It feels like for the past few weeks I haven’t gotten anything done and this unexplainable funk has killed all my creativity.  A bit dramatic? Perhaps.  Especially since deep down I know that isn’t really true.  In reality, I have gotten a lot done.  I just haven’t been able to fit in all the things that I wanted to accomplish.  I think I need about 4 extra hours everyday…. and would it be to much to ask if those hours included the energy and mental clarity needed to be efficient and productive?

Now that things are quiet the main thing on my list of things that need attention are my quilts.  So, I spent the better part of yesterday cleaning out my sewing space, organizing my unfinished projects, and making a list of things I need to get those projects done… and of course making a to do list.

007

Doll Quilt Swap 12 – This was done a while ago but I didn’t want to share too much before my partner received it.  I got mine in the mail on Monday, took a few pictures of it yesterday and this morning found a nice little spot for it on the wall with my collection of others. (see what I mean every thing has been moving at a snails pace)  I will share pictures real soon with more details.       

017

Twist on Tradition Quilt – I decided to make this one larger than originally planned and have been going back and forth over the layout.  I really wanted to get a little more creative with this one but I think I really like the simplicity of the original layout.  Especially since it is for a boy and the colors just scream - keep it simple.   

021

March Bee Blocks – These I am painfully behind on.  Here it is the 11th of April and I haven’t sent them out yet.  I hope my swap mama isn’t to mad at me.  I promise they will be in the mail real soon.  We were asked to make some tree blocks with bright happy colors.  Once I saw that I just knew, being from Florida, my blocks would be an orange tree (pictured above) and a palm tree.  The palm tree is proven a little more difficult and I have already scraped the first two attempts, but now I am armed with a new plan and the block should be done today or tomorrow. 

On hold

Memory Quilt for my Daughter

Apple Core Quilt

2010 Scrap Quilt

Want to hear more of what’s going on in the quilt world? Hop on over to Freshly Pieced and check out her Work in Progress Wednesday link-up. There you will find other talented quilters and hear all about what they have going on.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

7 comments:

  1. I love the orange yo-yos!
    I hope things just keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doll quilt is gorgeous! I wants one of my own! :D I love the geese along the edges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the first one..the doll swap. Great piece and colors. They are all wonderful; it just really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doll quilt is fanatastic! I love the orange tree block too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doll quilt is really something! What a lucky doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The orange tree really caught my eye! It's very pretty and original, love it!

    Your doll quilt is really nice, too. I love the colors on that background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for being a part of my hop!!! I love what you made!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.