Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

I don’t have a whole lot to share this week but I did manage to finish my Twist on Tradition quilt top and my March bee blocks for Bee a {modern} Swapper.  It seems like such a simple thing but when I dropped off my blocks at the post office it was like a huge weight had been lifted.  I really hate to be late for anything.  

001

March Bee Blocks - I just love how my orange and palm tree came out.  After a couple of failed attempts I had an epiphany to play off the traditional dresden plate for my palm tree and I am really happy with the results.  Of course now that these have gone out, I just received instructions for the May bee blocks.  The queen bee for May wants a 18in wonky star based on this tutorial for a quilt she is making for Soldier's Angels.  Now to dig into my stash to see what I have on hand for red and blue.     

006

Twist on Tradition Quilt – I couldn’t make this one as large as I wanted to because I ran out of purple but it will still make a great oversized toddler quilt.  I am glad I didn’t overthink the layout.  The way the colors intersect gives it the appearance that it has been weaved.  This weekend I hope to sandwich and machine quilt it.

Still On hold

Memory Quilt for my Daughter

Apple Core Quilt

2010 Scrap Quilt

Want to hear more of what’s going on in the quilt world? Hop on over to Freshly Pieced and check out her Work in Progress Wednesday link-up. There you will find other talented quilters and hear all about what they have going on.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors in the Twist on Tradition quilt! Cute applique blocks too. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! I love all of it. The blocks are so neat,.and great color in the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks and I love the pattern of your quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your modern look quilt florals.

    ReplyDelete