I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

I just got back from the cutest family breakfast at my daughters school.  It is something the teachers do every year to get to know the parents on a more personal note.  Also, as a parent it is a great way for me to meet some of their classmates and friends.  You know, to put faces to the names I hear so much about.  Most of all it was so nice to see her thriving in school both academically and socially.  I swear, sometimes I am just so proud of her my heart could burst. 

Anyways, back to the task at hand… Sharing with you what I have going on this week.  Again not to much to share, things have been slow going in the sewing department.  I almost had a finish to share, but not quite.  I was sewing the binding on my Twist on Tradition quilt last night until I realized that I forgot to add the label.  That has halted production till I can put one together.  Since this was a group effort I want to make sure everyone who made blocks is included.  Even though I have completed the quilting I can still add a corner label and sew it into the binding.  Crisis averted. 

003

New Projects

A new quilt?  Perhaps.  For now just a tutorial for my Building Blocks with Friends series.  I pulled my Soul Blossom fabric by Amy Butler to put together some Pineapple blocks.  If you are interested in making some blocks to share you can read more about how to get involved here.  There are a few of dates open and I would be happy to put you on the list.  It is a great way to promote your blog and your quilts.

004

May Bee Blocks for Bee a {modern} Swapper – If you remember from last week I was telling you how the queen bee for May wants a 18in wonky star based on this tutorial for a quilt she is making for Soldier's Angels.  Well I have pulled some fabric and started to put those together.

002

Still On hold

Memory Quilt for my Daughter

Apple Core Quilt

2010 Scrap Quilt

Want to hear more of what’s going on in the quilt world? Hop on over to Freshly Pieced and check out her Work in Progress Wednesday link-up. There you will find other talented quilters and hear all about what they have going on.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

9 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun doing the breakfast thing with the kids....I used to with my boys once in awhile. And they had a hot lunch program too. Oh well; they grow up,eh...lol.

    Love the quilt and your new project has some very nice fabric colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The twist on tradition quilt is lovely. I hate forgetting a label. Often I won't remember until the quilt has to be sent away and then I have to sew it on after the fact which is never as nice. Glad you remembered before your binding was finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your twist on tradition quilt! I'm always forgetting about lables :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I are on exactly the same step for Kim's May bee blocks. I've pulled fabric as well. I'll consider that "win" as it's not even May yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering my March blocks were painfully late... yes I definitely consider this a win. :)

      Delete
  5. hi! I really love the grey tones on the first pic. You have got to be super talented to sew/make quilts. I love quilts but I don't have the stamina, patience or whatever to make my own. Kudos to you! (do people still say kudos, these days) Well if you are familiar with that term, take it as a great compliment. (new to your blog) ~ Renae

    ReplyDelete
  6. The building blocks series sounds fun! :)
    Can't wait to see the finished quilt, I always forget labels too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.