I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

So, I am feeling so much better this week.  Thanks for all your supportive comments and e-mails.  They definitely put a smile on my face and gave me the motivation I needed to get things done.  I am so glad last week is a distant memory.  I hate that feeling of being overwhelmed.  Now I feel I can concentrate on getting things done.  Not just around the house, but with the kids, and thankfully in the sewing department.

I even have some finishes to share with you.

First, my Twist on Tradition quilt is done with a label and everything.  I did some straight line quilting but I had a little problem with pulling.  I am hoping once I wash it it won’t be so obvious.

009

Second, I finished my pincushion for the Fab Little Pincushion Swap.  I hope my partner likes it.  I mailed it out yesterday just in time to meet the shipping deadline.  It is a little big and somewhat resembles a brick but I am really happy with how it came out.  I especially like the folded fabric flowers and the little pocket for your needles.  I got the idea for this pin cushion from this zippered pouch I saw on Pinterest.  The directions for the flowers I got from this book, and although I had to modify the directions just a bit to make the flowers smaller it was well worth the time.

003

Lastly, I am just about finished with the blocks for my Pineapple Blossom Quilt.  Now I just need to decide on the layout and if I am going to add a border or not.  The tutorial for this block can be found here

012

I still have a few things on hold.  Including the Memory Quilt for my Daughter, my Apple Core Quilt, and my 2010 Scrap Quilt.  Someday I will get these done but for now… it is one day and one project at a time. 

Want to hear more of what’s going on in the quilt world? Hop on over to Freshly Pieced and check out her Work in Progress Wednesday link-up. There you will find other talented quilters and hear all about what they have going on.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Great to see the finished Twist On Tradition quilt. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good squares..I'll be happy to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great and I love how the twist on tradition quilt turned out, but I might be a bit bias there :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.