Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

So, the kids are home from school for the summer and it is amazing that I am getting anything done.  I did manage to get my Pineapple Blossom quilt done and hoping that is a good omen for how the summer is going to play out.  You can read more about this quilt here.

003

Up on the design board is a scrap quilt I am working on.  I decided to make a string quilt because the bin I have to collect all those fabric ends and strips that were under 2” was overflowing.  I am not sure I will have enough to make a whole quilt, but that is OK I will use up what I have, then put it away till the bin is full again.  It will be a great no stress project when I just want to feed fabric to the machine when things are stressful and busy and I just want to relax and sew.

006

And of course I put together a list of projects that I hope to accomplished this summer.  Including a project using these fabrics from Northcott, a couple of craft projects, and fulfilling my swap commitments.  That should keep me busy for a while….

008

I still have a few things on hold. Including the Memory Quilt for my Daughter, my Apple Core Quilt, and my 2010 Scrap Quilt.  I don’t don’t what is wrong with me and why I can’t seem to finish them, but I am really going to try hard to finish them and get them off my to do list, because they are really starting to haunt me and clutter my work space.

Want to hear more of what’s going on in the quilt world? Hop on over to Freshly Pieced and check out her Work in Progress Wednesday link-up. There you will find other talented quilters and hear all about what they have going on.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Your Pineapple Blossom quilt is absolutely gorgeous! You must be thrilled to have finished it!

    I like the idea of a scrap quilt that gets worked on and then set aside. No pressure quilting..perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love your Pineapple Blossom quilt and your scrappy string --that's an awesome design that calms the scraps -- LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could keep a quilt going for the times I just want to sew. I tend to end up with a finished top before I know it and then nothing to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pineapple blossom quilt is gorgeous. What a fabulous start to the summer.

    ReplyDelete