Saturday, September 22, 2012

Vintage Modern Bowtie Quilt & Moda Bake Shop

I am so excited today to be sharing my newest quilt with you and Moda Bake Shop.  I have been working on this quilt for a while now and I am glad to be finally sharing it with you.  It has killed me not to talk about it along the way.  I poured my heart and soul into this quilt, so I hope you like it as much as I do.  

For this tutorial I took the traditional bowtie block and re-designed it to use a layer cake pre-cut.  I used a Vintage Modern layer cake by Bonnie and Camille for Moda, which I loved working with.  This fabric collection definitely gave this traditional quilt a modern look.

vintage modern

I am also excited to be gifting this quilt to my aunt.  She is kind of like our family historian and big into Ancestry.com.  She is a collector of stories, pictures, and art.  She has paintings from my grandmother, carved wood blocks from my great-grandfather, and counted other items.  Now a quilt from me.  I am so proud to have a piece of my “art” to be included in such good company.

007

For this quilt I used Kona Snow and the Vintage Modern fabric collection.  I used the Bowtie Circle block in a 5 by 6 layout.  I echoed the flow of this quilt in my machine quilting using off-white cotton thread and I pieced my scraps into the back.  The finished quilt measures about 58" x 68".

030

Be sure to check out my tutorial over at Moda Bake Shop.  I am so proud of it.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

7 comments:

  1. congratulations! so exciting :) I love this fabric collection, and it looks great in the bowtie pattern. lovely quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful quilt -- love, love the colors -- I have to make it - and the back is very creative --- however, the print download for the recipe is not working at MODA -- can you help? Or, I will be patient -- maybe they can get it fixed - thank you for helping - !}

    ReplyDelete
  3. The download for printing has been corrected -- thanks, !}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love it :) Bookmarked for when I get a layer cake! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a fantastic quilt. Love the colors. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely! Fabulous colors and love the design!

    ReplyDelete