I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

How to Create Text Images Using PicMonkey

PicMonkey

For those of us without fancy photo editing software or graphic design expertise, there is PicMonkey.  PicMonkey is a free online photo editor that allows you edit photos, make collages, and add text to your photos.  What you may not know is that there is a simple way to make text images with PicMonkey without using photos. 

PicMonkey is very easy to use, but you need an image to get beyond the homepage and access all the editing tools.  So, to bypass that step, I created a large white .jpeg image in Paint to use as my background in PicMonkey. 

To create my blank white .jpeg image I used Paint, which is located in the Accessories pull down menu in Windows.  In Paint I created a large white image that 1,000 pixels by 1,000 pixels, and saved it to my desktop to use in PicMonkey when ever I need it.  Once in PicMonkey I can crop that image to whatever size I need.

OK, so know that we know how to create a blank white image let’s create a text image in PicMonkey.

picmonkeyhome

On the homepage of PicMonkey click on “edit a photo” and choose the blank white image you just created.

picmonkeycrop

Crop your blank white image to the desired size.

picmonkeyfont

Click on the text icon to the left in the basic edits section, then begin to choose and place your fonts.  There is even a few images and borders you can use.  So get creative and have fun.

When you are done you can upload, save, and even share you image.

Tomorrow I will share the project I made using a text image I made in PicMonkey.

Thanks for stopping by and for all your continued support. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Have a great day!

I will be linking this this tutorial to some of these great linky parties. Be sure to stop by and check them out. If you would like me to add your linky party to my page just ask.

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

11 comments:

  1. This is so clever! I've been stuck on this problem for a while and missing the fun little signs I could make using Picnik fonts. Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am visiting from Flamingo Toes Think Pink Sunday. I am going to check PicMonkey out. I use a mac but do not have a photo editing program. Thanks for sharing!
    AlwaysSewLove@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Picmonkey myself too - a really great tool for photos and pictures!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great info! I don't have Paint and can't figure out why. Thanks for sharing though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered Picmonkey and it was a life saver for me. I was trying to get my photos ready for a blog post and I couldn't open the photo editor I normally use. It is a very easy editing program. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been lost without Picnic. Thank you for linking up and telling us about PicMonkey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I love the "mustache" quote. :) Thanks for linking up again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far I've been using Picasa, which is also free, but I've seen so many cute subway art printables and wondered how they were created. I need to try Picmonkey myself now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love using PicMonkey, too! Thanks for sharing this post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, You are a God-send for a clueless techie like myself. This post alone has encouraged me to follow your blog. Thank You!!!

    ReplyDelete