I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Friday, November 16, 2012

My Week in Instagram

I have recently discovered the joy that is Instagram.  For a visual person like myself it is like Twitter on crack.  Instagram is a great way to share what I am working on and what I have going on outside my sewing room.  You can follow along here.  

photo4

This week I have been working on these quilt blocks for a tree skirt.  There hasn’t been much to report on other than the fact that there has been a LOT of ironing involved.  I really hope this weekend I can work on the sashing and put it all together.  I would really like to have this tree skirt done by the time we put up our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Wish me luck, because the kids are home all next week…

photo3

Last Sunday, I took the kids and my father to the Buccaneer's football game.  Which, by the way, was awesome.  It has been years since I have been to a football game, and the kids have never been.  It was a great day and we even got to sit near the Pirate ship.   

photo1

On Saturday, I went to a quilt show hosted by the Cypress Creek Quilt Guild.  It was outside at the USF Botanical Gardens.  One of the many joys of living in Florida, outside quilt shows in November.  The weather was perfect, and the quilts were beautiful.

photo2

There was even a little boutique where guild members sold there handmade item and used quilt and craft books.  I scored these vintage beauties for a dollar each.  That Giant Dahlia Quilt is soooo going to happen.  I just need to decide on a color scheme and fabrics.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for all your continued support. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Have a great day!

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete