Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pinterest Widget for Blogger Bloggers

Hello, My name is Ann and I have a huge addition to Pinterest.  I speak of it as if everybody should know what I am talking about and I am constantly on my smartphone checking out everyone's pins. Damn you Pinterest for improving your app. 

And now, I can add a Pinterest widget to my side bar, that is Blogger friendly?  O happy day! 

Marie at Code it Pretty has a fantastic Pinterest showcase widget you can add to your blogger sidebar.  If you are reading this post via Google reader or other feed, take a minute to jump over to my blog to check it out.  It displays cropped thumbnails of your newest pins and the cropped thumbnails expand when hover over them with your curser.  The gadget is even flexible to work as a sidebar or horizontal gadget.  You can even customize the image size of your thumbnails.  Pretty cool if you ask me.  

photo2

It does involves a little bit of code, but nothing a beginner can’t handle. Her directions are easy read and to follow, but I do suggest that you also read through all the readers comments. There is a fix in there for everything, if you are having a problem.

Are you on Pinterest?  If so, let me know.  I would love to see what you are pinning.  You can check out my boards here

Have a great day!

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

8 comments:

  1. Funny story: I pinned this. Great idea; too bad I'm a WordPress user. Though, I suppose if I looked, I might be able to find something similar for WP.

    http://pinterest.com/moonlightsewing/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha :) I'm new to pinterest, I kept wishing I had one of those things Dumbledore used in the HP books to put his thoughts into so his mind wasn't as cluttered, and decided pinterest was probably the closest I was going to get ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann! Thanks for the mention :) Your pins look great on your blog! To moonlightsewing: there is a Wordpress plugin that's very similar to mine. It's called Pretty Pinterest Pins and you can find it in the Wordpress plugin directory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so new to the whole blogging world, I'm only just starting to familiarise myself with Pinterest. Nice blog you have here by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh I love pinterest too! I save my inspirational images, quilt tips, research for future projects - etc there! love love love it - here is my boards - http://pinterest.com/qudiva/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey nice blog here! Visit mine and let me know what you think, maybe we could follow each other!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks!
    Another pintrest question: how did you add the "pin" at the bottom of each of your posts? I've tried but haven't been able to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the great insight!

    I just wanted to pass along another tool called Tint. It lets you display any Pinterest account pins or any Pinterest board pins to your likening. You can totally curate to your preference and then embed it into your website. It took me about 5 minutes to create and integrate into my site with no technical expertise needed. They have infinite scroll and multiple themes to choose from too!

    Feel free to check it out here: tintup.com/blog/the-best-pinterest-for-a-business-widget/

    Thanks,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete