I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Finally some progress…

Last weekend I put together the quilt that I am making with a plain white and Good Fortune jelly roll.  The quilt top is complete but I desperately need to go to the store today and pick up some batting and thread or this quilt will go another week without being done.  Wish me luck that I will be able to silently slip out of the house this afternoon to make that happen.  

016

I am really happy with how it is coming out and can’t wait to share it when it is completed.  I have even been working on quilt pattern to share as well.  As much as I enjoy fabric scraps from any project to use for another, it was nice to make a quilt out of two jelly rolls with very little waste.  When using pre-cuts I always find it a challenge to use them efficiently so not to have to much of the pre-cuts leftover when I am finished.  I also did this when I put together the tutorial for my Vintage Modern Bowtie Quilt for Moda Bake Shop last September.  Sometimes it takes a while to work out the quilt math but in the end it is always worth it. 

009

This is what I had leftover in the way of scraps once I put the quilt top together.  Basically there was a couple of inches left on each strip once I cut off what I needed for the quilt.  Most people probably would have tossed what was left but I just couldn’t seem to do that.  So, I pieced the scraps together to make a pillow.  Nothing to organized I just randomly sewed the scraps that were left, without cutting them, and added some of the white scraps to the end of each row.  It didn’t come out exactly how I envisioned but it will go nicely with the other pillows on my couch.

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if you did manage to slip out of the house unnoticed to get some batting :-)

    ReplyDelete