Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ring Toss–A Finished Quilt

I am very excited to share with you my latest finished quilt, Ring Toss.  It is a quilt I made for a friend as a thank you for the bags of fabric she dropped off at my door after she cleaned out her sewing room.  A friend like that definitely deserves a quilt, don’t you think?

024

I pulled what I knew to be some of her favorite prints, paired them with some fabrics from my stash, and a quilt was born.  I am really happy with how came out.  I just can’t help but to smile every time I look at it.  It is bright and colorful with a hint of scrappiness.  The perfect quilt to brighten any mood.

029

This is a great quilt for a confident beginner.  The block combines two of my favorite quilting techniques, half square triangles and partial seam piecing, valuable skills to add to your quilting library.  If you would like to make this quilt for yourself I will be posting a tutorial tomorrow. 

Don’t forget you can always find links to my other quilt (and craft) tutorials on the sidebar of this page or by clicking the Quilt Tutorials tab at the top of this page.

032

The details:

This quilt measures about 60” square with 49 blocks pieced together in a 7 by 7 layout. For the fabrics I used variety of fat quarters by various designers, pieced with Kona white.  For the backing and the binding I used Remix Rainbow Bright Chevron by Robert Kaufman, and a green dot that is part of the Rainy Days and Mondays collection by Riley Blake. The quilting is a basic straight line that is spaced less than an inch apart using a white cotton tread.

Edited to add: The tutorial for this quilt can be found here.

Thanks for stopping by, and for all your continued support. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Have a great day!

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

9 comments:

  1. It looks great, Ann! You're so nice to have made this for your friend. Looking forward to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt! I'm sure your friend will love it too :) Wonder if my friends will do this for me if I leave a bag of fabric at their door :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous quilt! i'm looking forward to the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers! Looks great! The pressure I feel is how on earth do you get the quilting lines so straight? I'm really keen to see the tutorial tomorrow.
    I really hope that your friend loved this quilt, as it's a fantastic thank you present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quilt! I'm excited for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is such a lovely quilt. And I do like the backing you chose to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I remember that backing fabric!! The quilt is really gorgeous and the backing the perfect choice!!

    ReplyDelete