Monday, January 21, 2013

This weekend…

…has been a very productive weekend.  I was able to go to a meeting of the Tampa Modern Quilt Guild and work on some of my unfinished projects.  It is always fun to catch up with Katie from Katie’s Quilting Corner, Elizabeth from Don’t Call Me Betsy and all the others.

038

After the meeting I stayed for the to sew with the others and worked on my quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap.  Some of the likes my partner mentioned were her fondness for blues and snowflakes.  So, out of the box for this Florida girl, but after weeks of indecision I finally have come up with a plan.  I don’t want to share to much just yet, but here is a preview of the direction I am going in.

035

I also got my January bee blocks done for the Bee a {modern} Swapper Flickr Group.  I think these are the cutest little 6 1/2” star blocks ever and I can’t wait to see the full size quilt that Kelleigh is making.  Bright colors on a white background is my kind of quilt.  

042

Then of course there are the goodies.  It is always fun to get new things to try.  I can’t wait to dig into and use the different Aurifil threads.  I also got my bundle of Violet Craft's latest collection for Michael Miller Fabrics, Madrona Road, for the Madrona Road Challenge hosted by the Modern Quilt Guild.  I can’t wait to cut into that and design something new.  A complementary pass to the Sewing & Quilting Expo, yes that always sounds like a good idea. 

And lastly, I wanted to give a quick shout out to a couple of members that have Etsy shops, Handmade 3D plush designs by Ellen Ault and EQuiltShop.com by Carmen Iglesias. 

019

Today I will be working on this quilt.  It is basted and ready to go.  What will you be working on? 

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

6 comments:

  1. Those little star blocks are only 6.5"? With two stars on them? How little and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great meeting! I hope you ladies will all go to the Sewing Expo - aside from being a lot of fun, you can check out my quilt on display there! :) My friend Emily and I organized a mini quilt swap for our guild, and all our swap quilts are traveling with the expo for the year! :) Mine is pictured here: http://mommysnaptime.blogspot.com/2012/11/sewing-quilt-expo-tinley-park-il.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really like your spinning stars, it's so refreshing to see someone doing something different!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blues in your doll swap quilt! It's going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing my shop! It was nice to meet you at the guild meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you end up going to the Sewing and Quilting Expo?! I went on Friday. Gosh, if we'd been acquainted with each other then, we might have met up. Maybe another time. If you're ever heading to Leesburg or Ocala, you're welcome to attend one of our Central Florida MQG meetings. It's a fun group.

    ReplyDelete