I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Scrappy Trip Along Quilt

007

This was a really easy quilt to put together and a quilt I hadn’t planned on making. Well not until I saw all the pictures on Flickr and Instagram. There is nothing like seeing a daily round of quilty inspiration to get you to jump on a bandwagon. Besides I am a total sucker for a great scrap quilt.

011

Check out the Scrappy Trip Along Flickr page or the #scrappytripalong hashtag on Instagram for your own round of inspiration.  There are so many amazing color and fabric combinations out there.  At first I found it hard to choose how I was going to make my own but ultimately I ended up with blues and greens because I had an abundance of those scraps on hand.

PicMonkey Collage

This was also one of the first quilts I documented the progress thru Instagram.  Above are some of the work in progress pictures I took along the way.  I found it to be a great way to share and to get feed back form others.   My Instagram profile name is agirlinparadise for more of my work in progress pictures.

012

In the spirit of stash busting for this quilt I ended up using the rest of scraps for the back.  No need for them to go to waste, right? 

030

The details:

This quilt measures about 50” by 70”  with 24 blocks pieced together in a 4 by 6 layout.  I used this tutorial for the blocks. For the fabrics I used variety of blues and greens from various designers including Denise Schmidt, Michael Miller, Northcott, and Riley Blake. For the binding I used a green dot that is part of the Rainy Days and Mondays collection by Riley Blake. The quilting is a basic straight line on the diagonal that follows the quilt block, using a white cotton tread.

Thanks for stopping by, and for all your continued support. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Have a great day!

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

6 comments:

  1. It came out great. I love the blues and greens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved watching your progress on this quilt and the back is awesome too! Great lap quilt. The fabrics go together really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you make the squares? Using strips or individual squares? I have been collecting 2,1/2 inch sqs for awhile now and want to start a scrappy trip but I don't see that I have enough to make it like yours but maybe in time. but if you used single sqs...any tips on how you assemble them in the right color order as you have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue and greens! Such a calming color duo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I love your blue and green colours!

    ReplyDelete