I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy Easter

Once again as I prepare my house for Easter dinner I am reminded of how the whole idea of blogging and reading what others have to say can enrich ones life.  A while back The Sewing Chick posted this picture of how she irons her quilt tops.

Source: The Sewing Chick

It is the really simple things that can change your life sometimes.  So, now not only do I have an easier more effective way to iron my quilt tops, this little trick also makes it easier to iron large tablecloths.  I will admit though lowing the ironing board to the table is not as easy on the back as the counter… but I think twice a year I can handle the discomfort. 

004

I hope all of you who celebrate Easter have a wonderful day, fill with love and laughter.  As for me as soon as I get this dining room in order, I will be spending the afternoon with the kids decorating Easter eggs.  One of my all time favorite things to do. 

Below are some things I have done in the past with the kids.  Enjoy!

IMG_6239

Dying Easter Eggs

039B

Pip Squeak Easter Eggs Tutorial

eggs

Personalized Easter Eggs Tutorial

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

5 comments:

  1. I just finished boiling eggs to decorate with the littes tomorrow, Can't wait, I love it too! That ironing tip could just be revolutionary! Thanks for passing it on...I'm definitely going to give it a go....Happy Easter! Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES TO ALL OF THE ABOVE!
    THANKS FOR YOUR BLOG+MANY OTHERS!
    JOYOUS EASTER!

    msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip Anne.....I like her quilt too...Happy Easter to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. My decorating of egg days are over but I love seeing what other people do. There are so many interesting ways to do the coloring nwo. Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention. Love your ironing board ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.