I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Sew South Retreat {part two}

007

One of the many things that made Sew South special was the swaps.  The secret sister swap was something we signed up for before the retreat and it was another way for us to get-to-know one another before hand on the Sew South Flickr page.  Then throughout the course of the retreat we secretly gave our secret sister little treats and gifts, revealing our self towards the end of the retreat.  Above is what I received from my secret sister.  Jennifer out did her self.

002

Then there was the sample swap.  This is where you made 4 of the same thing and then everyone who participated were broken off into smaller groups of 5 where we swapped the things we made within that small group.  I made some cute cathedral window pincushions that were filled with crushed walnut shells. 

In the picture above is what I received from the others in my group.  From left to right, Karen from Lintonville made an oversized change purse with some cute little goodies inside.  Lindsey from LR Stitched made a handy zippered jewelry pouch.  Alex from Sew Cute by Alex made a market bag that folds into itself.  Lee from May Chappell made the adorable orange corduroy bag. 

006

And of course no retreat would be complete without a fat quarter swap. 

007

One of the other things we did as group before the retreat via the Sew South Flickr group was to make house blocks for the Ronald McDonald house in Charlotte.  A fun way to give back to Charlotte while we gathered together for our retreat.  With everyone making just a couple of blocks there was enough to put together 2 quilts.  One of them shown above.

005

Here is one of the blocks that I made.  There was another but I never took a picture of it before I mailed it off to Jennifer. 

006

Leah Day of the Free Motion Quilting Project was also there at the retreat sewing along with us and was a guest speaker.  She is a wealth of information when it comes to free motion quilting on your home sewing machine.  I enjoyed her talk and learned so much, the main thing being I definitely need more table space.

016

Dana from Old Red Barn Co. was kind enough to make sure we all went home with some of her handmade blackberry sage sugar scrub.  Thanks Dana it is already being put to good use.

010

Last but not least, was the swag.  I always hate posting these kind of pictures because it screams look what I got, but I must admit the sponsors for this event were amazing and they deserve proper credit, but instead of posting all the individual links, you check out the sponsor page of the Sew South website for more information.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

8 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed your goodies! It was fun having you as my secret sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bundle of goodies! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wrap up posts! It was so much fun. My head is still swimming - in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love living vicariously through you :) Have you used that Phoomph yet? (See sponsors, free stuff works, I just googled it :)) Let me know what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great swaps! Wonderful surprises from everyone - sponsors included!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Latest Stocks and Shares Rates, Exchange Rates of International Market News Updates, Brokers Directory, National News, Stock Markets, TopNews Arab Emirates, Dollar Exchange Rates, Current Exchange and More Forex Business Update News.
    latestfxmarket.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.