I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Monday, April 22, 2013

I’m addicted…

…to scrappy hour glass blocks.  It all started with this pillow that I am making as part of a swap.  One charm pack of Noteworthy gave me a 20” square that I was looking for, with a few leftover blocks for the back. 

005

Then, I decided that this would be a perfect way to sew through my abundance of scraps and ugly fabrics.  You see, I am in need of another throw around quilt that the kids can destroy without me getting upset over.  You know the quilt, we all have at least one. 

Of course, this has turned into a huge project and I spent the better part of my weekend going through my stash.  I didn’t realize how much I needed to do this.  I took all of my scraps and unwanted fabrics and cut them into 5” squares, 3” squares, strips, and salvages.  If I am lucky I might even get a string quilt out of this too, but I am not sure what to do with the 3” squares… any suggestions?

033

Anyways, here is what 500 half square triangles looks like.  I hope to piece them into hour glass blocks this week, then into a twin size quilt.  Wish me luck, it might take me forever.

Have a great day!

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a lot of work. I started doing something similar a few weeks ago but never got as far as you. Good luck on your endevour. Can't wait to see the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. April 22 to May 23. It didn't take near as long as you feared!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.