So, the unthinkable happened yesterday... I ran out of thread. Not just my fancy new Aurifil thread that I love so much, but all thread. When I tell you that I have used up every last bit of thread in the house, I mean every last bit, including last remnants of Coats and Clark that I had left over from my days when I use to garment sew, and that was pre kids and ages ago.
How does this happen to someone who sews almost everyday?
I was so upset I almost put the kids in the car to go buy some more, but thought better of it when I realized 3 kids in the car, and torrential rains probably wasn't a good mix. Instead I decided to clean out my sewing room and to make a list so I could get everything that I needed all at once.
1. Thread. Can't do anything without that. Place an Aurifil order online, but will still need to buy a spool of Guttermans in the meantime to curb off the withdrawals.
2. Buy a yard and half of white kona to back my negative space quilt.
3. Measure and buy enough batting for my Hello Sunshine quilt top that has been done for a while and is ready to be quilted.
4. Again with the thread, I was actually quilting this one when I ran out of the thread. This quilt top has been sitting in the unfinished bin for a while now, and the thing that frustrated me the most was that I finally got off my tush and ordered the backing fabric that I needed and almost couldn't find any more. Thank goodness for the Etsy seller that still had the 2 yards that I needed.
5. Fusible fleece and a zipper, then this cute little pillow I made with a Noteworthy charm pack will be done.
I am off to the store, list in hand, but wish me luck, I am going to have to bring all the kids to the store with me...
Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter