I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Friday, June 21, 2013

New Fabric Friday - House and Garden

You may or may not have heard that there is a new line of fabrics that is now available at Jo-Ann Fabrics, it is House and Garden by Cloud 9 Fabrics.  One of the things that makes this line so special is that, like all Clould 9 Fabrics, it is 100% organic cotton.  A first for Jo-Ann Fabrics.     

My local store here in Tampa is carrying 8 of the 12 prints that were designed exclusively for Jo-Ann's, and I was very excited to pick some up yesterday and that I got the first cut off of each of the bolts.  It is of good quality and weight, though not as soft as most designer fabric.  The only major downside was the price tag.  I am not use to paying $14.99 a yard for fabric at Jo-Ann's but I had to remind myself it is organic and I would expect pay that price for organic at a quilt shop.  At least at Jo-Ann's I was able to use my 30% off total purchase coupon.
   
The prints have a fresh modern feel especially the yellow mod flowers but I am obsessed with these chevrons.  The color range is current and what I want to see more of in my stash.  I know exactly what I want to make with these fabrics and I can't wait to cut into them this weekend.   


Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Because of your IG about this fabric, I headed to our JoAnn's this morning. Imagine my disappointment to find only 5 of the 12 prints. I ended up buying only one of them. Also disappointingly, the clerk rang up my 10 percent off VIP discount card BEFORE scanning my 30 percent off coupon... so I got only the 10 percent discount. I think she should have canceled the whole transaction and started over so I could have gotten my 30 percent off. No wonder I don't often shop at JoAnn's... at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've bought a few prints over the past few days using my 50% off coupons. The weave feels a little looser than most to me, don't you think? Oh well. They go great with my Lotta Jansdotter Bella that I've been hoarding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I can't wait to see what you do with those lovelies!! I agree the yellow flowers and chevrons are totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this line! Thanks for linking up to New Fabric Friday last week! I wrote about this line in my post this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.