I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Pinterest Party

Last Friday night my friends and I got together for a Pinterest Party.  A Pinterest Party you ask?  Yes, a Pinterest Party.  Over the course of several e-mails the host of our Girls Night In ask us to pick a dish that we would like to bring, and a craft that we would like to make.  The catch, they had to be pins from our Pinterest boards.  Once all the e-mails were in, we voted on the craft that we wanted like to make, coordinated the supplies that we needed for those crafts, and made plans to get together.
The food was amazing!  I am a huge fan of these pot luck type get together.  It makes the work load lite for everybody involved, and it is a great way to try something new.  Satisfying my sweet tooth, I made the Rolo Brownie Bites with a Carmel Cream Cheese Frosting, and in a word they were amazing.  I will have to warn you though if you make the Cookie Dough Dip, make a lot of it, because it is definitely a crowd pleaser.

Here are some of the links for the recipes.

Strawberry Champagne Punch
Quick and Easy Blender Salsa
Baked Ravioli
Mozzarella and Pesto Poppers
Cookie Dough Dip
Rolo Brownie Bites with Carmel Cream Cheese Frosting


The first craft we made were Fabric Covered Crate Seats.  Super cute, but since my kids are kind of big for these, I helped make one for my friend Angela.  She needs four of them for her classroom next year. 

Here is the link: Fabric Covered Crate Seat

The other craft we made was a No Sew Flag Shirt.  A must have for any stylish little girl this 4th of July.  This craft was also the perfect example of why our Pinterest Party was so great...we shared some of the supplies.  Have you ever seen a craft or project on Pinterest that you wanted to make but didn't want to buy a whole package of whatever for that one little bit or piece.  By pitching in and making these projects together we were able to make the most out of our supplies as well. 

Here is the link: No Sew Flag Shirt

I had a great time and I can't wait to do this again. 

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter


5 comments:

  1. What a top idea - I'm going to recommend it to my crafty friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun (and a lot of yummy treats!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks super yummy and like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.